A miscarriage (spontaneous abortion) is when a pregnancy ends before the woman is 6 months pregnant, while the baby is still too small to live outside the mother. Sometimes it can happen before the woman even knows she is pregnant.
- Sexual relations during pregnancy
- Shortage of Progesterone
- Medication, Birth control (IUD, etc.)
- Poor Nutrition
If a fetus has died in utero, there is no need to get the baby out right away. Nature always trigger birth when it is ready, and the mother is not in any danger. Labor need not be induced, as a rule. An early conceptus will sometimes reabsorb into the system.
What To Do?
- Immediate best rest (except to go to bathroom).
- Elevate the mother’s hips by placing her feet on pillows. Place an ice pack on the abdomen until the bleeding stops. Keep mother warm.
- One cup of strong catnip and shepherd’s purse tea; then ½ cup every 20 minutes until bleeding stops.
- Inspect clots that pass to determine whether the fetus may have aborted.
- The mother should remain in bed and continue taking the teas at least a week past the last show of blood. Goldenseal tincture or powder (3xs a day) will help guard against infection. The mother may then ease into light activity, but avoid heavy lifting for 3 weeks.
Natural D & C
A medical D&C (dilation and curettage) is discouraged due to the scraping of the uterus to empty the
womb which causes scar tissue that can make pregnancy difficult later.
For Threatened Miscarriage
- Take lobelia, false unicorn, or squaw vine tea (1 tsp to 1 cup of water); or If tincture (nonalcoholic, take 1 dropperful; OR
- Black haw and false unicorn, two tablespoons of each, and cramp bark, one tablespoon. Boil gently in a quart of water 30 minutes. Remove from the heat and add one tablespoon of both blue cohosh and red raspberry leaf tea. Strain and drink a cup every 3-4 hours until all is used.
If Miscarrying, Natural D&C
- Angelical Root Tea: It aids in completing a miscarriage and expels any retained tissues. Two tablespoon in a quart of boiled water. Steep for 30 minutes, strain and drink all of the tea.
- Cransbill or Yarrow Tea: Sometimes bleeding can be a little excessive, 1 teaspoon of tea to 1 cup boiling water.
- Goldenseal Tea or Tincture: To eliminate any infection ¼ tsp powder 2xs daily or 1 dropper-full 2xs daily for 10 days.
While simple remedies are amazingly effective, we must apply them by faith; then God uses his supernatural power to heal.
Holiness Unto the Lord